This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
This post is all about how to make easy and glamourous Gold Christmas Tree Pretzels for your Christmas celebration.
Every year, I like to switch up the color scheme I use to deck my halls. Last year, I did a traditional and classic red and gold Christmas theme. This year, I’ll be going for gold!
I’ve always looked on adoringly at decor magazines that feature Christmas trees and mantles adorned in gold and cream colors. I love the serenity of neutral cream color schemes. Moreover, adding a touch of gold just brings out the elegance and glamour of any Christmas decor style.
If you’ll be decorating in gold and neutrals this Christmas, and possibly even having a little Christmas soirée this year, here is the perfect little treat to serve your guests that will keep true to your Christmas color scheme – Gold Christmas Tree Pretzels!
These treats are made with white chocolate and pretty gold sprinkles and shaped into Christmas trees on top of pretzel rods.
Ways to enjoy ’em:
These will be a wonderful addition to your holiday treat spread for your Christmas family gathering because they’re just so delicious.
These pretzel rods are also a yummy little treat to enjoy all by yourself. You can enjoy then while wrapping Christmas presents late at night when the kids are asleep.
You can also invite some girlfriends over for a little shindig. Then, serve up these glam gold Christmas trees for a cute and fun treat.
You can even make a bunch of these with the kids, because they’re super easy to make. Not to mention, they’re pretty much mistake-proof!
Then, you can wrap them up and give them away as gifts to neighbors and teachers. Because who doesn’t love homemade goodies, am I right?
You’ll be using good quality white chocolate for these treats and that’s what makes them so delicious and elegant. In addition, the combination of sweet chocolate with salty pretzel rods is irresistible. As a result, I know you’ll be looking forward to this treat year after year.
So, let’s get right into what you’ll need and how to make these fancy gold Christmas tree pretzels:
Ingredients you’ll need to make Gold Christmas Tree Pretzels:
- White melting wafers. My favorite brand to use is Ghirardelli for 3 reasons. First, they’re easy to find at grocery stores. Second, they’re affordable. And third, I can always trust their quality and taste.
- Pretzel Rods. I like Snyder’s brand regular pretzel rods that come in a bag. They get great reviews. Therefore, stick with the kind most people enjoy.
- Gold sprinkles. Time to get creative and combine all sorts of gold sprinkles that you can find. Gold sugar, gold jimmies, gold stars. Go wild with gold! Additionally, you can use a small amount of silver or white sprinkles to add some contrast to your gold Christmas tree pretzels.
Tools you’ll need to make Gold Christmas Tree Pretzels:
- Flexible silicone cup. The easiest way to melt chocolate is in a flexible silicone cup. The best thing about flexible silicone cups is that you can create a spout for easy pouring. Additionally, you can remove hardened chocolate easily by simply bending the silicone cup. This will crack the chocolate into pieces that can be saved for next time.
- Cookie sheet. You’ll use the cookie sheet as your work surface to make these delicious treats.
- Wax paper or parchment paper. Using either wax paper or parchment paper over your cookie sheet is essential to lift the hardened chocolate without it sticking to your work surface.
- Piping bag or sandwich bag. You’ll need this to help you drizzle the melted chocolate into a Christmas tree shape over the pretzel rods.
- Platter or mason jar or festive mug. Display your beautiful, glamourous treats on top of a platter or stand them up in a mason jar or holiday mug.
How to make Gold Christmas Tree Pretzels:
Step 2: Microwave white melting wafers in a flexible silicone cup on 50% power for 20 seconds. Stir the wafers and heat for 15 more seconds at 50% power. Repeat stirring and microwaving for 15 seconds at 50% power until you get a smooth consistency.
Step 3: Pour the melted white chocolate into a piping bag or sandwich bag and snip the tip with scissors. If you’d like a skinny drizzle, cut the tip slightly so you’ll have a small opening. However, if you’d like a wider drizzle then cut a little higher up on the piping bag.
Step 4: Pipe the melted white chocolate over the pretzel rods to create a Christmas tree shape. The easiest way to do this is to start at one end of the pretzel rod and zig-zag over it. Widen the width of the zig-zags as you move down along the pretzel rod. Stop somewhere around the middle of the rod or 1/3 of the way down. You can get creative with this step and drizzle any way you like.
Step 5: Add your pretty gold sprinkles to the melted chocolate while it’s till warm and fluid. That way, the sprinkles will stick to the melted chocolate and remain there after the chocolate hardens. Your kids will love helping you with this step. Even your littlest toddlers can help add sprinkles and sparkle to these Christmas trees, because this step is super easy and fun.
Step 7: Finally, allow the Christmas trees to cool and harden completely before peeling them off the wax paper.
Time to enjoy!
Done! Now your gorgeous, easy-to-create Gold Christmas Tree Pretzels are ready to enjoy. Serve them to your guests on a pretty platter or standing up inside a mason jar or festive holiday mug. Give them away as yummy gifts. Or, eat them up yourself with the kids! Whatever way you choose to serve these, they’ll be enjoyed just as much as you’ll enjoy making them.
Let me know how your Gold Christmas Tree Pretzels turned out by leaving me comment. If you have any questions, reach out to me on my contact page. As always, I love hearing from you.
This post was all about how to make easy and glamourous Gold Christmas Tree Pretzels.